Yesterday I had a meeting where the entire time, we kept bringing our thoughts back to scripture. We would challenge each other with finding a scripture to back up our thinking, and without fail, there were always one or more scriptures reflecting our thoughts.
It started me thinking … What if I did the same thing with my children. When they came to me with an issue, or we were just talking about anything, I would bring into the conversation a related scripture. “What does the book say…” The ramifications of doing this over time would be enormous!
- They would begin to see that their father truly sought to reflect the bible in his daily life.
- It would challenge them to know the bible as well as their father.
- I would be leaving a legacy to them that is the best legacy a man could give to his children.
- They would begin to see God in their real life more than they do presently.
- They would begin to think about how the bible, and its principles play a part in their decision making.
This endeavor requires much tenacity. The ability to draw up related scripture given a circumstance does not come easy. There are things that have to be done:
- Get a list of “life scriptures”. Scriptures that mean a lot to you, and are principles to guide you.
- Carry them with you at all times
- When you are alone, driving, or just have some time, take it to continue to memorize the verses, and where it is located in the bible.
- THINK! In normal life, always think outside the box, if there are scriptures that relate to the situation at hand.