Anticipate troubles today. When they come today, know that Christ and you can handle the situation. I believe we run into trouble when we desire everything to go perfect, then they don’t.
Sarah, in today’s devotion, even goes as far as saying, “Take a lighthearted view of trouble, seeing it as a challenge that you and I (Christ) together can handle.” I’m not sure about you, but I’m miles away from succeeding at this one. Troubles are not lighthearted, they get in the way of everything, and SO MANY things can be included in the single word – troubles”. Nevertheless, there are promises that God provides, and His Presence is there for the having.
It is pursuing what is most important – it always is! Ask yourself, do you do that? Is what is most important the thing that you seek after or are you going through day after day surviving? God desires so much in an intimate relationship:
- God is not some distant entity way up there.
- He is present in your daily interactions
- He desires to make His Presence known
- He wants to give you peace you cannot understand
- He wants to give you clarity in your thoughts
- You will NEVER come close to understanding His love, compassion, longsuffering, grace, etc.